Create macros to split, edit, and merge channels

macro
imagej
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fb878310a78> #<Tag:0x00007fb878310938>

I’m trying to create a macro to split channels from a file which I then set the brightness and contrast on two of them and merge them back. I then save the file as a tiff. The following is what I have so far using the process template. I’m very new to this and could definitely use some help.

function processFolder(input) {
	list = getFileList(input);
	list = Array.sort(list)
	for (i = 0; i < list.length; i++) {
		if(File.isDirectory(input + list[i]))
			processFolder("" + input + list[i]);
		if(endsWith(list[i], suffix))
			processFile(input, output, list[i]);
	}
}

function processFile(input, output, file) {
title = getTitle();	
run("Split Channels"); 
three = "C3-" +title; 
two = "C2-" +title; 
one = "C1-" + title;
selectWindow("C1-"+title); 
setMinAndMax(100, 375);
selectWindow("C2-"+title);
setMinAndMax(150, 1500);
run("Merge Channels...", "c1=["+one+"] c2=["+two+"] c3= ["+three+'] keep");
saveAs("tiff",path+Title);
}

Hi @cycy888,

welcome to the forum.

The following macro code should basically do what you want to. The frame is taken from the ListFilesRecursively example from the Built-in macro functions page.

Hope it helps to get a little more insight and as a kick-start for using functions and macros in ImageJ.

input = getDirectory("Choose an input directory");
output = getDirectory("Choose an output directory");

processFolder(input); 

function processFolder(dir) {
	list = getFileList(dir);
	for (i=0; i<list.length; i++) {
    	        if(endsWith(list[i], ".tif")) { //add the file ending for your images
    		    processFile(dir, output, list[i]);
		} else if(endsWith(list[i], "/") && !matches(output, ".*" + substring(list[i], 0, lengthOf(list[i])-1) + ".*")) {
   		    //if the file encountered is a subfolder, go inside and run the whole process in the subfolder
    		    processFolder(""+dir+list[i]);
		} else {
    		    //if the file encountered is not an image nor a folder just print the name in the log window
       		    print(dir + list[i]);
		}
    }
}

function processFile(inputFolder, output, file) {
	open(inputFolder + file);
	title = getTitle();
	run("Split Channels");
	three = "C3-" +title;
	two = "C2-" +title;
	one = "C1-" + title;
	selectWindow("C1-"+title);
	setMinAndMax(100, 375);
	selectWindow("C2-"+title);
	setMinAndMax(150, 1500);
	run("Merge Channels...", "c1=["+one+"] c2=["+two+"] c3=["+three+"]");
	saveAs("tiff", output + file);
	close(file);
}

Thank you for the help, but for some reason when I run it I can no longer scroll though all through the three channels to ensure it worked properly. I switched the file type to .dv as needed but after its all set it only opens up as a single image rather than three merged stacks like when I do it manually. I also tried using stack to images instead of split channels and the same issue occurs.

Actually it’s necessary to include create at the end of the merge channels otherwise it won’t preserve the 16 bit of the image.

Well, since I did not know what kind of images, image type and format you use, I could not define it that specifically. I am not familiar with the .dv image format and its modalities. But it seems you solved the rest.