Error when setting up Travis CI for fiji/pQCT

travis-ci
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fd542c89348>

Hi all,

I’m trying to set up Travis CI for our pQCT plug-ins, but I got stuck when trying to create the MAVEN_PASS environment variable (item #3 in the Maven instructions).

I tried installing the Travis client, but got the following error message:

sudo gem install travis -v 1.8.8 --no-rdoc --no-ri
Building native extensions. This could take a while...
ERROR:  Error installing travis:
	ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

current directory: /var/lib/gems/2.3.0/gems/ffi-1.9.21/ext/ffi_c
/usr/bin/ruby2.3 -r ./siteconf20180208-7339-18nbjbg.rb extconf.rb
checking for ffi.h... no
checking for ffi.h in /usr/local/include,/usr/include/ffi... no
checking for shlwapi.h... no
checking for rb_thread_blocking_region()... no
checking for rb_thread_call_with_gvl()... yes
checking for rb_thread_call_without_gvl()... yes
creating extconf.h
creating Makefile

make "DESTDIR=" clean

make "DESTDIR="
Running autoreconf for libffi
/var/lib/gems/2.3.0/gems/ffi-1.9.21/ext/ffi_c/libffi/autogen.sh: 2: exec: autoreconf: not found
libffi.mk:6: recipe for target '"/var/lib/gems/2.3.0/gems/ffi-1.9.21/ext/ffi_c/libffi-x86_64-linux-gnu"/.libs/libffi_convenience.a' failed
make: *** ["/var/lib/gems/2.3.0/gems/ffi-1.9.21/ext/ffi_c/libffi-x86_64-linux-gnu"/.libs/libffi_convenience.a] Error 127

make failed, exit code 2

Gem files will remain installed in /var/lib/gems/2.3.0/gems/ffi-1.9.21 for inspection.
Results logged to /var/lib/gems/2.3.0/extensions/x86_64-linux/2.3.0/ffi-1.9.21/gem_make.out

Have I got the instructions wrong? Should I just ask for a PR from an ImageJ maintainer even though I have the Maven repository credentials?

Best regards,
Richard

The instructions might be outdated (again…). Since the last revision of the wiki page, @ctrueden added travisify.sh to scijava-scripts:

So while you still need a Travis client installation on your system, the remaining steps should be as easy as running:

/path/to/your/local/clone/of/travisify.sh

from the parent directory of your local pQCT repository.

I’m not sure however what’s the issue with the Travis installation on your system. Maybe this helps:

Forgot to mention in the original post: I found instructions related to my issue, but installing ruby-dev package didn’t help.

@rimadoma I used the travisify script to fix it.

Relatedly: Did I give you a copy of the .scijava/credentials folder? If not, I can hook you up so that you can travisify your own stuff. But I don’t know what the deal is with getting the travis CLI tool installed.

Cheers! I’m happy to just get things working one way or another, would you mind sending the copy, please? You might have already, but I can’t remember, sorry.

PMed you a link on Gitter.