I installed the extension a few weeks ago, but it needed some massaging. As written, the content got rendered as wiki markup. I changed the extension to wrap the content in
<source>, auto-detect the language from the file extension, allow overriding the language if needed, and finally to strip the leading license header (if any). This last change is a pretty nasty hack but I can't think of a case where we would explicitly want to include license header blurbs in wiki-embedded content.
There are two main ways to use this new functionality:
A new GitHubEmbed template.
A lower-level github parser function.
I also updated the ImgLib2 Examples page to use
GitHubEmbed, and checked that the results are identical to before.