Grid/Collection removing images due to lack of correlation

stitching
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fb8828cdba0>

Hi all,

I´m stitching large stacks of tiled planes using Grid/Collection plugin. To avoid the “double vision” effect of not ideal correlations, I stitch the planes from a coordinates file and in addition calculate the overlap with a stringent regression threshold of 0.85 (the next two parameters are 2.5 and 3.5 - change this doesn´t affect much one way or another). This works well for most planes but at the extremes of the Z planes, I get alot of removed images due to the lack of signal and poor correlation. If I drop the regression threshold, it does not remove images but I get the double vision effect.
I´m trying to get this to run trough a script since there would be alot of data going trough it.

My question is: is there a way to tell Grid/Collection to keep the image in the original coordinates of the file if it can´t calculate an overlap that fits to the threshold parameters? I would prefer this solution to changing the threshold across planes to avoid any double vision effects.

Hope this is clear and thanks for any advice.
Cheers,
Helio Roque

No, the Grid/Collection Stitching plugin doesn’t provide this option, as far as I can tell.

This issue was addressed in the improved rewrite of the plugin, a project called BigStitcher:

It works a bit different than the old stitching plugin, but is a lot more powerful. Have a look at the documentation in the wiki page linked above.

Thanks! Looks really good and I will definitely try to use it!
It seems I can´t keep up with the development speed of all the plugins! :slight_smile: