Computational Image Analysis Core Manager
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
Department of Neurobiology
At St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, we know what can be achieved when the brightest scientific minds face the fewest barriers. That’s why we provide world-class facilities. State-of-the-art technologies. Extraordinary support. And a collaborative, bench-to-bedside environment where you can see, firsthand, how your science translates into survival for the children we serve. Quite simply, at St. Jude, we give you everything you need to be the force behind the cures.
The world-renowned investigators in the St. Jude Department of Developmental Neurobiology seek an Image Analysis Core Manager to manage research and development of computational approaches to analyze microscopy images at large scales and high throughput.
If you have proven experience in computer vision, image processing, machine learning, and imagery data mining, then this is a unique opportunity for you to lead efforts to design novel algorithms that will enable our scientists to understand vital biological processes and make a difference in pediatric cancer research.
In this role, you’ll collaborate with some of the world’s greatest scientific minds and contribute to studies aimed at understanding brain development and the pathophysiological basis of brain tumors using breakthrough imaging technologies, including the newly developed Lattice Light Sheet Microscope.
The Image Analysis Core Manager will be responsible to:
• Perform computational image analysis using extant software packages and custom designed algorithms to visualize and quantitate biologically relevant metrics. Projects include neuronal progenitor/cancer stem cell biology, cell motility/metastasis, epigenetics/chromatin organization, cell polarity, and synapse function.
• Collaborate with an external software development team in the Oak Ridge National Laboratory Imaging, Signals and Machine Learning R&D group to research and design machine-learning based computational approaches to meet the needs of rapidly evolving research.
• Curate, store, update, and share bioimaging analysis software packages or custom developed algorithms.
• Serve as liaison with St. Jude Computational Biology and Information Sciences Departments to facilitate the efforts in these areas.
• Train and support user-directed operation of computational tools when necessary.
• Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field (required)
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience in computing or statistical data analysis that includes programming experience in MATLAB
• Experience using Imaris, Amira, ImageJ or Fiji programs and operating within a Linux system is preferred
• Experience with microscopy preferred but not essential. Duties may include assisting with experimental design or data acquisition if there are sufficient hands-on experience with microscopy hardware
Ideal candidates will possess:
• Awareness of, and commitment to, the St. Jude mission
• Natural leadership skills
• A passion for collaboration
• Ability to work in a rapidly-changing environment
St. Jude is based in Memphis, TN with relocation assistance available if needed. Memphis is a family-friendly metropolitan area that more than one million people call home. Memphis is recognized for its world-class music, food and hospitality. Cost of living is one of the biggest attractions; in fact Money listed Memphis as one of the least expensive cities in which to raise a child. Mild winters and beautiful green spaces are part of the reasons why Forbes recently named Memphis the 4th happiest city in which to work.
Apply now at: http://bs.serving-sys.com/serving/adServer.bs?cn=trd&mc=click&pli=20518838&PluID=0&ord=[timestamp]
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. St. Jude does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex, genetic information, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, veteran’s status or disabled veteran’s status with respect to employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment. St. Jude engages in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.