Measurement number of lines and percentage over a given length

measure
macro
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fb88202b8a8> #<Tag:0x00007fb88202b6a0>

Hello,
I‘ve been using Image SXM but I try also ImageJ so that my method is available also for non-Mac user. I want to transfer a makro but I‘m not familiar with the makro procedure (I‘m not a programmer and wont be one).

I uploaded an image, showing the fabric of a slate and the profil. The vertical running mica layers are > 0 and the other (mostly quartz) < 0 of the x-axis.
I want to measure over a given length (here 1 mm):
the number of the single mica layers
the total percentage of all mica layer

In the SXM makro I open the data window from the Plot Profile and the makro reads the values and gives me the aforementioned data. So I don‘t have to count or use Excel etc.
I didn‘t find an existing solution in ImageJ but I think that my topic isn‘t very exotic.

Thank you very much in advance for any solution.

Joern

This is the makro for IMAGE SXM:

{ global variables }
var
    v1,v2 :  real;
    i, n, m, l, p : integer;

{ This macro evaluates a data set, which contains x-Values and a parameter  
{ at that point. It searches for sections with equal algebraic signs at the 
{ sampling points and calculates their length. It also gives the overall    
{ length for positive and negative zones.                                   

{=˝=======================3D========================3D========================3D=======}

{=========================3D========================3D========================3D=======}

procedure ExtractValuesFromString(str :string );
var 
    tempStr: string;
begin
    tempStr := str;
    Delete(tempStr, 13, 12);                     { remove second value fromstring  }
    v1 := StringToNum(tempStr);                  { extract first valuefrom string  }
    tempStr := str;
    Delete(tempStr, 1, 12);                      { remove first value fromstring   }
    v2 := StringToNum(tempStr);                  { extract second valuefrom string }
end;

{=========================3D========================3D========================3D=======}

macro 'Line Spacing Measurement';

var 
    i, n, m, l, p: integer;
    c, o, x, y: real;
    poz, neg : real; 
    strwin, strunz: string;

{ note that 'pos' is a macrocommand, so }
                                           { can't have a variable with thisname   }

begin
  for m := 1 to 700 do begin              { set allarrays to zero }
      rUser1[m] := 0;                     { distance between samplingpoints     (a) }
      rUser2[m] := 0;                     { algebraic sign at the samplingpoint (b) }
      rUser3[m] := 0;                     { sections with equal algebraicsigns  (z) }
      rUser4[m] := 0;                     { algebraic sign within a section    (zz) }
    end;

{ macros can access only a limited number ofarrays }
           			                     { so have to make do with these array names        }

{#3 The following determines the length of every section with equal sign aswell as }
{ the overall proportion of values < 0 and >= 0                                    }

{ Now a little trick to correctly determine the first length. To keep thecode      }
{ general the first length must be considered as only from the samplingpoint at    }
{ zero to half of the distance to its successor                                    }

{ v11_______v12_______v13_______..._______v1n }
{ a[1]__|__a[2]___|__a[3]___|__...___|___a[n] }

n:=1; m:=1; c:=0; x:=0; y:=0;
    ResetGetStr;                          { make sure we are reading fromthe top   }

{ of the window                          }
    for i := 1 to 5 do begin
        strunz := GetStrFromWindow;        { read and ignore the lines inthe header }
        PutMessage(strunz);
     end;   

ExtractValuesFromString(strunz);

c := v1;
    rUser1[n] := 0;
    rUser3[m] := rUser1[n];

if v2 >= 0 then 
        rUser2[n] := 1               { macros don't have boolean arrays,so use 0,1	}
    else 
        rUser2[n] := 0;

rUser4[m] := rUser2[n];

if rUser2[n] = 1 then
        x := x + rUser1[n]
    else
        y := y + rUser1[n];

{ Now all further computing can be done within a loop...                           }
{ The length of the zone around a sampling point v1n (with equal sign) alongthe    }
{ line of slice is set to be half the distance to its predecessor plus halfthe     }
{ distance to its successor. For every section with equal sign the length issummed }
{ up. The sections are numbered. The overall lengths for respectively < 0(x) and   }
{ >= 0 (y) are summed up.                                                          }

n := 2;
    strunz := GetStrFromWindow;

while (v1 <> 0) or (v2 <> 0) do begin

o := v1;
        rUser1[n-1] := rUser1[n-1] + (0.5*(o-c));
        rUser3[m] := rUser1[n-1] + rUser3[m];
        rUser1[n] := 0.5*(o-c);
        c := v1;

if v2 >= 0 then 
            rUser2[n] := 1
        else 
            rUser2[n] := 0;

if rUser2[n] <> rUser2[n-1] then 
            m := m+1;

if rUser2[n] <> rUser2[n-1] then begin
            if v2 >= 0 then 
                rUser4[m] := 1
            else
                rUser4[m] := 0;
          end;

p := m;

if rUser2[n] = 1 then
				        x := x + rUser1[n-1]
        else
				        y := y + rUser1[n-1];

l := n;
        n := n+1;
        strunz := GetStrFromWindow;

end;  { while }

if rUser2[l] <> rUser2[l-1] then 
        m := m+1;

p := m;
    rUser3[m] := rUser1[l] + rUser3[m];

{#4 Make new window for results; Write number of section; '1' for positivesign,    }
{ '0' for negative sign; length of section                                         }

NewTextWindow(concat(WindowTitle, ' Pos/Neg'));

for m := 1 to p do
        writeln('section[', m:4,';', rUser4[m]:2,']', rUser3[m]:8:3);

{#5 Write overall length of slice, and overall length of positive / negative       }
{ in unit of length and percentage                                                 }

poz := (x*100) / c+0.1; 
    neg := (y*100) / c+0.1;

writeln;
    writeln('Length   [µm/%]:', c:8:2, 100:8:2);
    writeln('rigide  [µm/%]:', y:8:2, neg:8:2);
    writeln('mica [µm/%]:', x:8:2, poz:8:2);  

end;  { macro 'Line Spacing Measurement' }

A post was merged into an existing topic: Measurement distances of multiple lines