Object selection using its shape

Hello,
I would like to measure automatically the total area of pith rays (series of rounded cells). Is there any possibility how to select them by means of their shape? Or another way how to select them? Problem is that some of them are filled with dark content and contrast between cell wall and free space is missing.
Thank you in advance for any advice.
Jan

If I were you @dzejbi - I’d give a try with the Trainable Weka Segmentation plugin. Here are the results I just quickly got using a crop of your image and the default settings:

It’s not perfect - but with a little bit better training and better feature combinations - you might get good segmentation.

Hope this at least gets you started!

eta :slight_smile:

Great Eta, thank you for showing me possible way. I read some contributions about Trainable Weka Segmentation plugin, but I don´t have any experiences with it, so I didn´t know if it is suitable. Now I know :D. Thanks once more.
Jan

@dzejbi

You can also check out this Segmentation workshop and slides … there is a demo in there on how to use Trainable Weka.

Hope this helps! And if you have more questions - feel free to ask. We are here to help!

eta :slight_smile: