IST Austria is looking for a Staff Scientist in Image Analysis (f/m) (full time) (http://ist.ac.at/about-ist-austria/open-positions/scientific-services/).
Staff Scientists at IST Austria pursue research projects together with professors, serving as collaborators with expertise normally not present within research groups. They are associated with Scientific Service Units (SSUs) that provide their service for research groups on campus and take continuous efforts to position the SSUs to best support research at IST Austria.
- Collaboration with researchers in projects that include image processing, shape quantification, tracking of changes and other such data analysis tools
- Development of novel algorithms for shape description and image processing
- Development of visualization tools Improvement and customization of existing tools
- Formalization and development of topological descriptors of data
- PhD in computer science, physics or applied mathematics (or related areas)
- Knowledge of computational geometry and topology, image processing, shape description, data visualization and software development
- Familiarity with biological data is a plus
- Experience of working in interdisciplinary projects is advantageous
- Very good English skills and strong team player with excellent communication skills
We offer a minimum salary of EUR 4.107 gross/month, with possible pay increase depending on education, qualification and work experience. The position is limited to five years, with the possibility of extension.
Interested candidates should submit their application online ***by February 28, 2017 at https://apply.app.ist.ac.at/ ***.