Sync Measure 3D crashes Fiji

sync-measure-3d
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fb87e640490>

Hi all,

I was starting to use Sync Measure 3D (in Analyze -> Tools) to determine the chromatic aberration of a microscope. Everything seemed to work well at first. I open the Leica lif file with bioformats, select the right image stack, start Sync Measure 3D, synchronize and start measurements, determine thresholds and do the measurements. The results table appears as it should. When I click on stop measurements to get the summary, this also seems to work fine and I can save the results file. I can close the tool without problems.

However, if after starting measurements I click on “Projection”, I cannot close the tool window any more. I still can do individual measurements and apparently get useful results. If I then click on stop measurements I get the result summary and in the console a bunch of error messages pasted below.

The only way of measuring the next image was to close Fiji and restart it. So apparently creating a projection does something that crashes the Sync measure 3D tool. Is that a known bug?

I am using Windows 10 64-bit fall creators update (1709) and a fresh version of Fiji, with all updates installed.

Best, Steffen

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at Sync_Measure_3D.disconnectProjection(Sync_Measure_3D.java:1083)
	at Sync_Measure_3D.stopMeasurements(Sync_Measure_3D.java:395)
	at Sync_Measure_3D.actionPerformed(Sync_Measure_3D.java:240)
	at java.awt.Button.processActionEvent(Button.java:409)
	at java.awt.Button.processEvent(Button.java:377)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4891)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4713)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:86)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:729)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)