Trouble With TrackMate

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fb879f298b8> #<Tag:0x00007fb879f29750> #<Tag:0x00007fb879f295c0>

Hello and I’m having trouble using TrackMate within Fiji. To begin, I’m attempting to track the linear motion of particles (different shapes and speeds) using the Linear Motion LAP Tracker. However, the software traces a jagged line rather than a smooth curve of the path. I’m measuring the average speed of the particles and it’s crucial the software calculates the distance traveled accurately. Thanks in advance. P.S. the picture I just posted is representative of the problem.

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 2.01.04 PM

To be clear, I’ve attempted readjusting the brightness of the particles and the different LAP techniques.

Thanks in advance!

Did you check the Supixel accuracy checkbox in the LoG detector panel?

That seems to have helped a lot! Thank you very much. Are there any other nuances available to ensure my tracks are as smooth as possible?

Not in TrackMate however.
If you really need accuracy on the velocities, it is wiser in your case to do a spline fit to discard jitter in trajectories. But TrackMate does not do it.

Thank you again for the help!

Can I make a TrackMate FAQ item with your question, using the image you posted, on ImageJ wiki?

Yes, you may. Thank you - glad I can help.