Where I find a pluging for ImageJ/Fiji to help reduce eyestrain?

I’m looking for a night reading (microscope dark chamber) plugin who invert the colors in menu for night-friendly.
Thank you

Hi Mito and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I don’t know about any specific plugin for ImageJ, but have you considered using an application like f.lux? You can lock it to night-time lighting and there is a dark-room mode, I think.

Thank you - f.lux is a solution, it’s good for eye protection only
the problem is that it also changes the original image from microscope

I was expecting something like that:

I used before QCapture Pro 7 or 6 which had an inversion button (Dark mode view)
[http://bmercl.uh.edu/documents/equipment/3-Microscopy/qcapturepro6.pdf]

I think the Edit>Options>Look and Feel… setting should be able to do this, provided a dark theme is included. However, my quick tests (Fiji/ImageJ 2.0.0-rc-61/1.51r16, 32-bit Java 1.8 on 32-bit Windows 7) gave somewhat random, but mostly non-responsive results. Busy, so no time to dig deeper into behavior, but maybe this has possibilities?

Thanks for your suggestion
The Edit>Options>Look and Feel… setting
it’s very interesting, but it does not work either
for me. (look in the picture)
ImageJ 1.51r Java 1.8.0_66 (64-bit Win)
maybe someone has a solution

As far as I am aware, changing the look and feel through the menu will only affect the bits that use Java Swing for the user interface… which is the case for some elements of ImageJ (e.g. the Command Finder), but not everything. The changes are more evident if you switch to ‘Modern mode’ in Fiji.

However, even then there aren’t a great variety of different ‘default’ look and feels for Swing, and creating a new one doesn’t look like the easiest task; there is some info at https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/lookandfeel/index.html

On the other hand, for Java user interfaces created with JavaFX then it can be much easier to change the appearance and create a dark theme. This would involve using CSS rather than whatever Swing is relying on.

Switching the ImageJ user interface to use JavaFX would be a rather large task, although @cmongis has already done a huge amount in that direction. I don’t know the current status of ImageJ FX, but it does look very nice indeed.

ImageJFX looks very good Thanks